This award showcases outstanding work to preserve, enhance or extend a block of buildings, single building, structure or other heritage asset to:
- Preserve, enhance or better reveal its character or appearance.
- Save it from demolition or removal.
Nominations are also invited for outstanding work on the setting or landscape in which in which a building is located where such work enhances the building’s visual impact.
- The award applies to buildings or structures in Bexhill excluding the Bexhill Old Town Conservation Area but including Collington, Cooden, Little Common, Pebsham and Sidley.
- In making this annual award, Bexhill Heritage’s committee shall consider:
- The philosophy behind the restoration and / or conservation.
- The extent to which the building or structure’s original character has been maintained.
- Any research carried out to ensure period detail would be appropriately preserved / restored / reinstated or better revealed.
- The techniques adopted to use, conserve or re-use traditional materials.
- The extent to which local businesses and tradespeople have been commissioned to provide advice, materials and labour.
- Provisions for the building’s future maintenance and its long-term prospects.
- Any response to the work by the users and / or wider community.
Call for nominations
Nominations are now closed.